Have you recently noticed that your hair is thinning or falling out at an abnormal rate? If so, then you may want to consider scheduling an appointment with a hair-loss specialist to discuss the root of the problem and possible treatment options.
To get an idea of what you should expect during your first consultation with a hair-loss specialist, continue reading.
Questions Your Hair Loss Specialist Will Ask You (here are a few)
- When did you first notice your hair loss or thinning symptoms?
- Is your hair loss sporadic, or has it gotten gradually worse over time?
- Have you noticed anything that seems to trigger or exacerbate your hair loss symptoms?
- Do you experience a great deal of day-to-day stress?
- What is your medical history? Do you have any health conditions or diseases for which you are currently taking medication?
- Do you have a family history of hair loss?
You may be asked to submit to a number of physical tests to confirm the cause of your hair loss. Lab and blood work may also be required to identify hormone levels and rule out any serious health conditions, such as kidney or liver problems, diabetes, and lupus. Your hair specialist will also examine your scalp for signs of a skin infection or other dermatological problems.
What You Can Do to Prepare
- Write down any questions or particular symptoms you are experiencing.
- Generate a list of all the medication you are currently taking.
- Make sure you have any required documentation on hand, such as your contact information and healthcare provider information.
Do you have more questions about what your first appointment with a hair loss specialist will entail? If so, then contact Hair Restoration of California at (310) 477-2320. Our staff will schedule a consultation with one of our hair-loss experts and provide you with additional details on exactly how you should prepare.